The GCE “O” Levels results should be released by the end of January next year. Aspiring forex traders, listen up! By the time you received your GCE “O” Levels Certificate, take note (and why shouldn’t you) of your cut off points. Diligent students should have no qualms with achieving this grade. If all goes well, you’re in the right track. Applying to these business courses that might give you preparation as a foex trader, but worried about the school fees? Don’t be. The scholarships are designed to help students who need an extra helping hand. Like many polytechnics in Singapore, Nanyang Polytechnic offers scholarships for well deserving students. There are currently 5 types of scholarships available. Stop by the official website for more info!
Diploma in Accountancy and Finance
Why is there no ‘forex’ in the heading? Fret not, this course does cover topics about the forex market. Even though it’s not suggested in the title itself.
According to the official website of Nanyang Polytechnic, the aims of the course as listed below:
- provide students with a comprehensive broad-based business education through carefully selected core business modules; and an understanding of business process development and operation;
- provide an adequate level of specialisation through careful selection and phasing of technical modules in accountancy and finance within the course;
- enable total student development through a value-added education, training and other capabilities development including developing an entrepreneurial mindset;
- train and develop students in a practice-oriented learning environment such as our unique Teaching Enterprise Project (TEP), Industrial Placement programme (IPP) and case study-based learning;
- enable students to develop essential life-long skills such as creative and logical thinking, problem-solving and analytical abilities, communication, interpersonal and IT skills; and
- develop students with a regional and global mindset who can contribute productively in a borderless business world.
Students will get a hands-on experience with modules like capital markets and financial instruments, international financial and treasury, published financial statements and consolidation and even effective writing skills. If you think the latter doesn’t have anything to do with the forex market, think again. Good writing skills are an important part of communication.
Upon graduation, there are a lot of options for students. If you are not ready to take a step forward to the forex market, why not further your studies in universities such as the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), UK or The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)?
Get a free Forex PDF PLUS:
- 14 Video Lessons
- Free One-on-One Training
- A 5000$ Training Account
- In-House Daily Analysis
- Get FULL ACCESS